Blackhead Removal & Extraction El Cajon
If only it’s possible to wake up with a smooth, blemish-free face, life would have been better. Sadly, genes, diet, lifestyle, puberty, pre-menopausal age, and a lot more contribute to different facial skin problems such as acne, irregular pigmentation, and one of the most common of all – blackhead. While different brands claim to address these bumps, blackheads are sometimes just too stubborn that it requires professional assistance.
BUT FIRST THINGS FIRST, WHAT IS A BLACKHEAD?
Blackheads are basically small, black bumps that appear on your skin – thus the name. It is often caused by clogged hair follicles. These mild types of pustules normally appear on the nose, although it may also be visible on the back, arms, chest, shoulders, and even neck. Most people use their own hand to squeeze them out, however, this would only cause further skin problems. Like zits, it’s pretty tempting to pop them out of your skin but doing so may only cause irritation and promote bacteria. Doing this, in the long run, may also result in enlarged pores. Therefore, it’s best to have it handled by our El Cajon estheticians. More or less, they have a good number of experience and the right apparatus and techniques to remove stubborn blackheads through a professional facial. You may also resort to natural remedies such as baking soda, oatmeal, lemon juice, and green tea.
WHAT CAUSES BLACKHEADS?
For some reasons, blackheads appear easily no matter how committed you are to your skin ritual. Primarily, this is because of the several factors that promote its growth, such as stress, hormones, puberty, menstruation, birth control pills, etc. That being said, it’s not enough to use commercial brands to remove blackheads; you also have to consider what causes blackheads to grow:
• Hormones – Did you know that hormonal changes often lead to excess sebum production? Normally, such a thing takes place during puberty but it may also happen even during adulthood and other life events.• Puberty – When a certain person reaches puberty, a lot of things change. For instance, excess oil production to the skin which is caused by a higher level of hormones. While sebum is essential to the skin, too much of it can lead to various skin problems, such as acne and blackheads. Normally, the sebum combines with bacteria and dead skin cells and as a result, blackheads are formed.
• Menstruation – During menstruation, a woman doesn’t only experience cramps but also, a growth of acne and blackheads. More sebum is produced through oil glands and once combined with bacteria and other debris, blackheads become visible.
• Birth Control – Using a birth control may have side effects, such as acne and blackheads. Meanwhile, there are birth controls which have been proven to reduce or eliminate acne and blemishes; therefore, prior to using birth control, be sure to consult with your doctor first.
• Pregnancy – During pregnancy, a lot of changes happen and one of which is the level of hormones produced by the body. As a result, the production of sebum also increases and a dreadful outcome is produced – blackheads.
HOW TO REDUCE OR GET RID OF BLACKHEADS
When your blackhead is still not a major concern, there’s a chance for you to resolve it without visiting a facial spa. Some of which includes:
• Use a gentle cleanser to keep your skin clean. It’s also best to avoid unnecessary creams when you’re going outside; however, sunscreens may be an exception.
• Be sure to exfoliate regularly. This will remove dead skin cells and clear open skin pores. Use a mild or natural exfoliator like baking soda, lemon, or sugar paste.
• Maintain good hygiene and be sure to clean your face twice a day.
These are just some of the ways to eliminate stubborn blackheads; however, cleaning your face may not be enough to get rid of it. Extraction is one of the common methods of removing a blackhead out of your skin. While there are apparatus readily available in the market, it’s still best to consider an esthetician to do it.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Our blackhead removal specialists take pride in having the right professionals to take care of your skin. From cleansing to extraction and up to the final applications, we ensure to give high-quality service that would improve your skin’s appearance and texture.
If blackheads are your primary concern, rest assure that we make the least peaceful part worth taking. We offer facial extraction to purge clogged pores and mitigate blackheads and even whiteheads. At some point, this part may be too much to handle but with the help of our certified estheticians, we can make this experience simpler and painless.
WHAT EXTRACTION DOES TO YOUR SKIN?
Prior to the extraction, your skin is prepped by the esthetician. A gentle cleanser will be used to remove dirt, oil, and other debris. The next part is steaming where we open the pores, with the help of heat and moisture, to remove blackheads easily.
Then comes the process of facial extraction. To do this process effectively, we use a magnifying lamp and an extractor tool to remove unmanageable blackheads. We also apply ample pressure to release the clog effectively. You may feel a slight discomfort depending on the size and depth of your blackhead but we ensure to prepare your skin properly to reduce pain.
Extraction is an important part of the facial process as it cleanses the skin thoroughly. While there are skincare products claiming to remove blackheads, these blemishes don’t come out on their own, thus the need for proper extraction.
Pores, by nature, are sensitive thus it’s best to leave it to a reputable expert. Extracting on your own may leads to scarring bruising, or worse – a bigger acne problem. For blackhead removal and acne treatment, you may visit our El Cajon facial spa or contact us on our website. We also offer consultation to know the best treatment for your skin type and condition. More or less, we will ask you to visit us once a month or every other two weeks until your skin is clear from pimples, blemishes, blackheads, and the like.
new clients spend $45 & get $10 off
$10 Off $45 Sign Up - New Clients
What Our Clients Say
“Definitely not going anywhere else. This place is the best. From the service itself to the front desk
“This place is amazing! I got my first Brazilian wax ever done by Kristine who was so nice and talked me through everything. And then just recently had my second wax by Marcela and she was incredibly sweet. Both were very detailed and took their time to make sure everything was perfect. I will definitely be returning here for future waxes.“
“I went there for the first time to get my second Brazilian ever and I loved it! Their staff is very friendly and they definitely know what they’re doing. I can confirm they use good quality products as my skin felt smooth and perfect afterward. I’ll be a regular and would totally recommend!“
“Hands down one of the best skincare and waxing spas. I was able to make my appointment within an hour of my call and the staff was professional and polite. My esthetician, Marcela, was awesome. She made sure I was comfortable and she was very particular. You can tell she is a perfectionist and loves her job“
“Celeste is so sweet. I had only gotten waxed a couple of times before meeting her and was always uncomfortable with it. Once I started going here so made me feel at ease and I go every 4-5 weeks now (that’s huge for me!). Her location is super cute and in a convenient location. She is quick and gets the job done in less than 30 minutes. Highly recommend going there for any facials or waxing needs.“
“My first time going in for a Brazilian! I was very nervous and worried about how much it was going to hurt! The staff was extremely helpful and Celeste made the process go as smoothly as possible. Very knowledgeable and kept my mind off the waxing 🙂 Of course it hurt, but was tolerable. I will definitely be going in again to see Celeste. I definitely recommend checking them out.“