Acne Treatments El Cajon
Acne is a common dilemma for individuals undergoing puberty and adolescence; however, this is also a concern of most adult. While some people suffer from a major acne breakout, where the majority of their face is covered with blemishes, there are those who only have a couple of zits visible but don’t merely have clear skin. Whether you’re experiencing pimple-problems from time to time or you just want to get rid of all the blemishes, you will surely benefit on having an effective El Cajon acne treatment to resolve that specific skin condition, avoid further problems, and reduce the risk of future breakouts.
WHAT IS ACNE?
Before going into details of acne treatments, which may include facial extraction and chemical peels, let’s get to know the basics of acne.
What is active acne really all about? Why some people just can’t get rid of it no matter how many skincare products they apply on their face? What causes it?
Normally, acne is seen on the face but it may also appear on the neck, chest, back, or upper arms. This chronic, inflammatory skin condition occurs when your skin’s hair follicles are clogged with dead skin cells and sebum. It can look reddish or swollen because the skin is inflamed. Despite looking really hurtful, you are less likely to feel any pain during a breakout.
There are several factors contributing to the growth of acne, such as too much oil produced, bacteria, genetics, hormones, and a lot more.
- Excess sebum production
- Bacteria – Also known as Propionibacterium acnes produces pimples, thus it’s important to wash your skin daily, at least twice, to remove bacteria, along with the dirt, oil and dead skin cells trapped in hair follicles.
- Genetics – This explains why some people are acne-prone while others are not. For instance, there are people who have inherited a condition wherein they overproduce dead skin cells. If not exfoliated properly, this will clog the pores and eventually lead to acne breakout.
- Hygiene – Dirt, and oil, when combined, can produce blackheads, whiteheads, and acne, thus it’s important to wash your face at least twice a day using a gentle cleanser that suits the type of your skin. However, avoid excessive washing as this may only cause dryness and irritation.
Other contributing factors include the following:
- Diet – Researchers suggest that refined sugars and starches cause an acne breakout. Another study also links the connection of dairy, specifically milk, greasy and junk foods with acne. Pregnant cows may pass a lot of hormones to the consumers through consumption of milk and as a result, the acne condition is aggravated.
- Stress – The higher the stress level, the more the adrenal gland produces androgen – or the male hormone that causes more oil production. Oil buildup then occurs which eventually lead to the growth of acne.
- Exercise – Although working out is beneficial not only to the body and skin, it may also produce a negative outcome. For instance, the dirty work out equipment in the gym gets in touch with the skin and is not washed immediately, it can cause irritation and onset of pimples.
- Drugs – Medications containing bromides, iodides, and/or oral steroids may cause or worsen an acne condition.
- Cosmetics – When choosing a makeup or skincare brands for your skin, be sure to check out the list of ingredients before using it on your skin. Some products are “comedogenic” or causes pore plugging. If you’re dealing with acne, go for water-based products to avoid worsening the condition.
Not all acne conditions are the same. In fact, it comes with various signs and symptoms such as blackheads, whiteheads, and pimples. While some acne is not painful, there are other types that may bring a slight or extreme discomfort. Some may appear beneath the skin’s surface as large, solid lumps while others are filled with pus.
TYPES OF ACNE
One way to deal with a breakout is to find out which type of acne you have. This will help you find the right products and treatment options for your skin.
- Whiteheads – As the name suggests, these are white bumps that appear when bacteria, dead skin cells, and oils are trapped in your pores.
- Papules – Also known as skin lesions, this acne can become painful at times. It comes in a variety of shapes and sizes and may combine together to form a rash.
- Pustules – The pus-filled acne is painful and may cause acne scar when popped. Like whiteheads, it appears like white bumps, however, it is surrounded by red, inflamed skin.
- Nodules – A severe type of acne that develops under the skin. Unlike the other types, it doesn’t come with pus and can’t be easily treated with over-the-counter (OTC) skin care products alone.
- Cysts – Inflamed and filled with pus – this type of acne is called severe acne. It brings discomfort and can only be treated with the help of a medical expert.
WHEN TO BE CONCERNED
Most people who have mild acne conditions resort to popping the zit out of their face or use an over the counter OTC-alternative; however, it’s important to know that you should not self-treat acne all the time. There may be a lot of brands available in the market, most of which claim amazing results but it’s best to stay away from them first. Rather, book yourself an appointment with our estheticians regardless of how severe the acne condition is. Resist the temptation of relieving acne all by yourself because it might only get worst.
It is true, however, that some acne can be treated by washing your face with a gentle cleanser and use soap and creams containing these ingredients: topical salicylic acid, Retina-A, and benzoyl peroxide. But, you’ll never know when this will truly be effective and safe unless you have professional advice. Nevertheless, you should only consider seeing an esthetician if:
– Your acne is not treated and only gets worse after a home treatment applied.
– Your acne is hard, large and filled with pus.
– You are generally not comfortable at all because of the acne
ACNE TREATMENTS: HOW CAN WE HELP?
At Waxing and Skincare by Celeste, we ensure to give your skin the glow and fresh start it deserves. We understand how dealing with acne is an excruciating task regardless if it’s severe or not. Luckily, we have the right solutions that will target your specific skin condition. With the help of our experienced and certified estheticians, you can bring back the self-confidence you lost because of acne. The best part is – we offer the best solutions in El Cajon while considering your skin type, concerns, and budget.
Schedule a consultation for acne treatment today!
We use manual extractions, chemical peels, topical products, or a combination of these methods to resolve your skin dilemma. Packed with the right knowledge and skills, we carefully consider your skin condition to come out with a customized acne treatment plan that will suit your skin goals! But our work doesn’t stop after you leave our facility. To ensure a long-lasting experience, we provide skincare products you can use at home to continue your acne treatment 24/7.
We also offer products and services to those who have no acne or are done with their acne treatment. This is to improve the health and condition of your skin. Each product and service is carefully considered because we prioritize your safety. So come and visit us now or give us a call to get your custom acne treatment plan started!
ACNE TREATMENT PROCEDURE
We offer a variety of acne treatments to address specific acne concerns – from peels to facials, we got you covered!
Prior to getting any treatment, we provide a thorough evaluation to come out with the best treatment for your skin. This is done by an expert and is highly recommended especially if you wanted to have a chemical peel treatment.
CHEMICAL PEELS FOR ACNE TREATMENT
Our chemical peel treatment is provided for those who want to achieve a healthier, smoother looking skin not only on the outside but underneath as well. It is appropriate if your skin has wrinkles, crow’s feet, and/or fine lines, visible sun damage, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, or melasma. It is not recommended for anyone suffering from sunburns, active skin diseases, cut or broken skin, and/or infection. To know whether it’s safe to have a chemical peel or not, be sure to consult our estheticians first by calling our location.
This procedure removes the top layer of the skin which is typically dull and damaged. Our skincare specialists are not only certified; they also have extensive knowledge and experience when it comes to skin wellness and skincare essentials.
Depending on your skin condition, we offer light, medium, or deep chemical peels to address common skin concerns such as mild acne scarring, fine lines, and sun damage. No anesthetic is required for you acne treatment however, you might feel a little stinging sensation during the process. For deeper chemical peels, we may offer you a local anesthetic to reduce discomfort.
After the treatment, you may experience skin peeling and redness for several days, depending on the type of chemical peel you have but regardless of the procedure, your skin will thank you! We recommend getting another peel after 4 weeks.
JESSNER PEELS FOR ACNE TREATMENT
One of the chemical peels we use to address skin concerns is the Jessner Peel. We use a potent but safe acidic liquid to promote a better, younger skin. We apply the peel on the skin’s surface to remove the top layer, revealing a new, smoother skin. This minimizes the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, even out skin tone, reduce age and dark spots, reduce the appearance of acne scars, and treats skin discoloration and hyperpigmentation.
First, this is more than just popping a pimple. In fact, it takes a skilled professional to do it correctly; otherwise, extracting the acne on your own can be dangerous and may worsen your skin condition.
At Waxing and Skincare by Celeste, we offer high-quality extraction services to address your acne concern. Our El Cajon estheticians will help remove acne while reducing the risk of scarring and pushing the bacteria into your skin deeper. We only use sterile tools, such as an extractor, to get the contents of the blackhead or whitehead out of your skin.
Acne extraction is best for comedones type of acne – such as the whitehead and the blackhead. This process will help in clearing the pores by removing extra debris, dirt, and oil. It’s one of the fastest ways to clear unsightly acne and avoid future breakouts.
Whatever acne treatment you get from Waxing by Celeste, we guarantee that you are not wasting time and money on something that will not work. What we offer here is a real solution that will not only help resolve your acne problem once and for all but also, we help you achieve your skin goals. Using the right treatment and product for your skin, you will experience the following:
- Reduce pimples, whiteheads, and blackheads.
- Clearer, healthier, and glowing skin.
- Acne scars will become lighter and less visible.
- Reduced inflammation, redness, and swelling.
- Rejuvenated, cleaner skin you will love!
new clients spend $45 & get $10 off
$10 Off $45 Sign Up - New Clients
What Our Clients Say
“Definitely not going anywhere else. This place is the best. From the service itself to the front desk
“This place is amazing! I got my first Brazilian wax ever done by Kristine who was so nice and talked me through everything. And then just recently had my second wax by Marcela and she was incredibly sweet. Both were very detailed and took their time to make sure everything was perfect. I will definitely be returning here for future waxes.“
“I went there for the first time to get my second Brazilian ever and I loved it! Their staff is very friendly and they definitely know what they’re doing. I can confirm they use good quality products as my skin felt smooth and perfect afterward. I’ll be a regular and would totally recommend!“
“Hands down one of the best skincare and waxing spas. I was able to make my appointment within an hour of my call and the staff was professional and polite. My esthetician, Marcela, was awesome. She made sure I was comfortable and she was very particular. You can tell she is a perfectionist and loves her job“
“Celeste is so sweet. I had only gotten waxed a couple of times before meeting her and was always uncomfortable with it. Once I started going here so made me feel at ease and I go every 4-5 weeks now (that’s huge for me!). Her location is super cute and in a convenient location. She is quick and gets the job done in less than 30 minutes. Highly recommend going there for any facials or waxing needs.“
“My first time going in for a Brazilian! I was very nervous and worried about how much it was going to hurt! The staff was extremely helpful and Celeste made the process go as smoothly as possible. Very knowledgeable and kept my mind off the waxing 🙂 Of course it hurt, but was tolerable. I will definitely be going in again to see Celeste. I definitely recommend checking them out.“